Forest Trade is an environmental friendly company. For us, a responsible business conduct means focusing not only on our own operations but on the whole value chain. The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®) shall promote environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial, and economically viable management of the world’s forests.
Forest Trade implement its best efforts to avoid trading and sourcing wood fiber or wood from the following categories;
- Illegally harvested wood.
- Wood harvested in violation of traditional and civil rights.
- Wood harvested in forests where high conservation values are threatened by management activities.
- Wood harvested in forests being converted to plantations or non-forest use.
- Wood from forests in which genetically modified trees are planted.